Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Spectators

I have recently begun a love affair with spectator shoes (I never knew what they were called before, if you're like me and are a super curious-trivia junkie look here for the 411 on specs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectator_shoes)
Well, anyway, I was fussing last night to my chum Alex about not being able to find those adorable vintage shoes in my size (my feet are a size 9 when we're talking pumps, I can sometimes wear size 8.5's when they're flat).
I have been looking for: firstly: Black and white, I saw them on a movie a month ago, and decided that I really liked them. Secondly, brown on brown, and after that brown on white/cream, red on white/cream, or navy on white/cream.
These shoes were not originally what I was after, however, they are vintage, they're my size (I measured my feet before ordering to make sure, most vintage sellers DO NOT accept returns, so I try to order savvy) they are not scuffed all over the place, the heel won't murder my feet if I wear them for more than 5 minutes,
and they are oh so classy and oh so pretty.
Love at first sight.
I didn't buy them right away, I left for town to run errands etc. and I just kept thinking about them and by the time I got home, I was to the 'I have to have them' overheated shoe shopper stage. Time for a little classic style.
I've been spring cleaning my wardrobe/closet, and am shocked by how many shoes that I have whose overriding characteristics are: Foam, neon leopard or striped patterns, and 'too big, too small, too pointy'. Yikes. Time to have the shoe collection grow up just a little.

I'm surprised that I couldn't find these in my searching last night, kudos to Alex for spotting these.
Mine,mine,mine. :D All mine. Yay. :D
I wonder how soon they will come...
I'm going to enjoy these.

{I bought these from: http://www.skinnyandbernie.etsy.com/ } :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice pages!
    we like your blogging style and we want to advice your blog.
    If you want us to link your blog in our site,
    put us in your blogroll and

    1.send us your site/blog address;
    2.send us a representative image of your blog (if you have one);
    3.send us a detailed description of your site.

    we would be honored to advice your blog on ours!
    anyway, keep on with your great work!



    ilinkyoursite staff
    "I link your site"

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! This post put a huge smile on my face. I'm SO happy that you were able to buy them, and they'll look great with your wardrobe!!
    Congrats on the first comment, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alex. I just thought these were too good to pass up. :)

    ReplyDelete