Thursday, December 3, 2009

New from Colette...

I'm going nuts---the new patterns are coming into the Colette patterns shop, and they are just lovely.
I adore this coat. I'm just drooling. I just finished my first-from-a-pattern coat, that involved learning some new tecniques, now I'm ready to tackle more projects. I have a really fancy sort of coat pattern that I will make, I just wanted to warm up with a simpler one first... more on that later...
I love these gloves too... pretty, pretty, pretty...
Look at that vintage-style detailing...
and that color is cool... I don't usually use that color in my sewing... I like it...
I've been sewing a lot lately... I will post my projects as soon as possible, I've been having great difficulties in uploading photographs into my computer, anyway, I'll probably have a zillion projects to post by the time I get it working like it should...
lovely bodice design...

So vintage, I've liked this detail for a while, however you don't usually see it on modern patterns
I've been shopping ,shopping, and more shopping and had no intention of purchasing anything else this anytime soon, however the siren call of this pattern wiped out that idea.
I bought it. :D
I just love it. And it looks like such a gratifying project to make (quick, not complicated)
I have skin like this models. I'm pinky-very white. I couldn't get a tan to save my life. hahaha.
I have several dotted cottons that are dying to be made into creations, and I think that I have my inspiration. I also have some lovely white fabric that would be good for skirts/a coat.


killer lining... so cute... this is the side the bread is buttered on...

To get your hands on these tasty patterns go here: http://www.colettepatterns.com , if you pre-order any of these right now, you'll get free shipping... I can't wait :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I just wanted to say (all the way from Scotland)what a fabulous collection of handmade things you have on offer and such a busy lady!

    I`m very envious that you`re so enthusiastic about your dressmaking - I used to do a lot in days gone by but just can`t seem to find the time at the moment to follow my ambitions to knit and sew all day! You must have at least 30 hours in each of your days!

    Anyway, keep up the good work - it`s very inspirational - and I look forward to seeing even more of your wonderful craftwomanship!

    Best Regards

    Anne

    ReplyDelete